A couple weeks ago, the idea of a competition based entirely using FL Studio default samples arose. Now, the competition has started. While not intended to be a remix competition, per se, each competition will have a theme, and the theme for this is a remix from Zelda 2.
chthonic is running this first competition, and presents the following rules:
- All sounds and effects used to create entries must be FL default, ie. the stuff that comes packed with Fruity Loops.
- You may not use Fruity Soundfont Player. SORRY.
- No instruments bought from the FL Store are allowed.
- When an entry is complete, the musician should provide both the final rendered .mp3 and the .flp file that corresponds to it, if possible.
- If an entrant only has the demo version of FL, he/she will not be required to provide the .flp.
- All versions of FL are acceptable for use.
- Entries must be in .mp3 format.
- Entries must be over 1:45 in length.
- Entries must correspond to the given theme.
After a poor response to the initial posting, the deadline has been extended to Wednesday, March 1, 2006.