first show for 2008 features a bit of catch-up on what’s been happening
in the world of C64 related music – including two new album releases, a
hardware gizmo that will let you musician types use that sweet SID
sound in your work, and a couple of upcoming live concerts. Plus of
course, lots and lots of great tunes carefully selected for your
- Thomas Detert – BMX Kidz (from the album Syntax Era)
- MarkG – Parallax Melody (alto sax)
- BeeZerk – Lets Fly (Skyhigh)
- Hank (Lukasz Drzewiecki) – Yet Another Giana Sister
- The C64 Orchestra – Delta High Score (from the album RUN 10)
- Reyn Ouwehand – Green Beret [live at The Church] (The video footage of Reyn’s performance is also a must-see)
- Syntax Era album available for preorder and instant MP3/FLAC download.
- RUN 10 album available on CD and on iTunes (DRM-free even)
- Preorder the HardSID 4U if you’re a musician looking for the authentic SID touch.
- Carry the entire High Voltage SID Collection around on your iPod (or other Rockbox compatible mp3 player) – also see this announcement.
- PRESS PLAY ON TAPE live at The Rock in Copenhagen/Denmark on April 19th. Tickets from BilletLugen.dk.
- Symphonic Shades – Chris Huelsbeck in Concert. Cologne/Germany, August 23rd.
- The Raven and the Blues podcast.
Unless otherwise stated tunes played on todays show are available for download from Remix.Kwed.Org, and from the HVSC.
Leave feedback either by using the comment section, or by e-mail to
C64Takeaway [AT] gmail [DOT] com. You can also add your pushpin to the C64 Take-away frappr map (be sure to add a shout-out otherwise I won’t get notified) or even send me a voice message.
C64 Take-Away is “a semi-regularly dispensed dose of music from and/or inspired by the Commodore 64”.
Produced and presented by Jan Lund Thomsen from Remix.Kwed.Org