I’ve been slacking on the Free Shit a little bit. There’s a perfectly valid reason for this though – I’ve been… picking up some CDs here and there for very cheap. I have a few dozen I still haven’t even listened to yet, so I will have to set the netlabels aside for a while before I start paying full attention to them again. Also, there’s been a general lack of really standout, solid, and interesting releases lately. At least within my scope here. However, the two big electronic netlabel heavies Mono211 and Kahvi have finally put out releases after a bit of a dry spell.
|Date||Release Id||File info||Artist||Title|
|06/04/08||mtk.mp3.200||8 tracks, 30 minutes, 31.3mb]||Chromatic Flights||‘Heavy Stars Will Fall’
|Monotonik has made it to its 200th MP3-based release (and probably
somewhere over its 400th overall release, counting sublabels and
.MODs), and this milestone comes in the form of Chromatic Flights’
second release for the label, ‘Heavy Stars Will Fall’.Florida-based Kyle Wyss follows up his ‘Memories From The
Audible Color Wheel’ Monotonik debut with more vaguely psychedelic,
beautifully phrased idm, strangely strung out but wonderfully put
together. It starts with ‘Found Glow’, all spaced out groove and
Other standout tracks include ‘Fish Follow Shine’, with
|Download Chromatic Flights’ ‘Heavy Stars Will Fall’ from:|
|1. “Found Glow” – (d/l support.nl archive.org scene.org)
2. “Moon Heated” – (d/l support.nl archive.org scene.org)
3. “Fish Follow Shine” – (d/l support.nl archive.org scene.org)
4. “Heavy Stars Will Fall” – (d/l support.nl archive.org scene.org)
5. “Blue Supergiant” – (d/l support.nl archive.org scene.org)
6. “Star Hop Pt. 1” – (d/l support.nl archive.org scene.org)
7. “Star Hop Pt. 2” – (d/l support.nl archive.org scene.org)
8. “Preparation Anxiety…” – (d/l support.nl archive.org scene.org)..or download the entire release [.ZIP link], stream, or review the track at its Internet Archive release page.
Honestly though, even these releases fail to interest me, though you [DEAR READER] may enjoy them, as they are actually good, just nothing totally fresh in my opinion.