I suppose there are good things to having a MySpace. Anyhow, I got this bulletin, and this is what it said. I think I posted something similar on the OCR boards, but it probably got drowned in the wastes known as General.
The bulletin read as follows:
***SIMS SOUNDTRACK REMIX CONTEST***
EARS and Nettwerk are running a contest where you can create your own Sims Soundtrack Remix!
We have included 4 downloadable MP3s on our Myspace page
(www.myspace.com/thesimsoundtrack): piano, bass, xylo, and strings. A
5th MP3 is available on the official contest website:
Simply download them to your computer and start remixing!
Once you have created your own track, send it to us and we’ll
choose one winning track that will be included on the new Sims
soundtrack! Imagine…your own track on a Sims Soundtrack! Cool, huh?
Please send all eligible entries to: Simspace@nettwerk.com
So, here is all the information you’ll need to get started: (For
more detailed directions check out the blog: Sims Soundtrack Remix
1. Download the mp3’s
2. Transfer to your favorite audio software (we suggest:
garageband. not on a mac? you can try finding a similar program at
3. Follow their directions for manipulating the song parts
4. GO NUTS!
To be Eligible:
1. Send your remix to Simspace@nettwerk.com with the subject heading “Sims Soundtrack Contest”
2. Include your full name, e-mail, and phone number so we can get in touch with you if you win
3. Contest deadline is: November 30, 2006
Check out the official contest page at: http://nettwerk.com/simsoundtrack/