This week in VGIM, the biggest thing, IS OUR OBVIOUS REDESIGN! Did you not notice!? We got us some nice forums as well too! Well besides that we have some cool news stories, even an in-depth look at the history of chiptunes.
Also a few new podcasts and a couple great remixes (Link’s Awakening anyone?). Up top we have some fantastic art by Rocco D Commisso who you might know from the great Megas inspired art we featured last year. “Galaga” is the simple name of this great pin-up piece. Also congrats to good pal jmr for his first piece published on OCReMix!
- Interview: Concerto Tactics – The Music of Hiroki Kikuta and Hitoshi Sakimoto via Gamasutra
- Endless loop: A brief history of chiptunes via Transformative Works and Cultures
- Microtonal Chipmusic Compilation taking submissions via chiptune musician Little-Scale
- Interview with Shota Nakama of the Video Game Orchestra
- Homeward Bound Earthbound Review by Chris Pranger
- Sound Current: ‘Yokohama’s MediaMix ‘09 – Game Remixers Unite’ via GameSetWatch